Friday, November 10, 2006

Holiday Books


Just a thought for all of you book buyers...

My wife came to me a while ago with a proposition. (It seemed she was either a bit overwhelmed with the amount of books I had been buying at the time or just wanting me to secure more books in a more organized and systematic way.) This proposition was for me to buy one book, every holiday. I was not to buy any other books except for a specific Bible study or other pertinent situation. So you ask, how far is she willing to take this thing? What holidays are counted? Well, the specifics are still being worked through, but let's just say that I have a very creative mind!

If you are the type of book buyer that buys many more books in a year than there are holidays, this is not for you. Keep this to yourself and do not share with your wife. Keep things the way they are! If you are like me, this works out pretty good!

(One more thought... To help pay for holiday books, I keep a change jar that helps pay for the books. You'd be surprised to see where I find change and dollar bills. If you’re wondering where, it's probably your house!)

7 comments:

Paul said...

Josh,
I as well have begun a book change jar. It comes in handy. I am trying the blog thing as well. It's a pretty cool way to keep up with your friends - especially the ones that don't return calls (HSBC's Bible Believers Boys with intials JL and JJ). I would love it if you would check out our blog off of our website, www.provcommunity.org (under 'church life'). We could use some good interaction - let your buddies know. Trust you are doing well. Miss the fellowship with you all. Keep looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith!

Anonymous said...

Josh,

Nice looking website. Looking forward to our visit.

Josh said...

Thanks for posting Paul. Your website looks great. I am very excited to see the Lord working down there. I put a post on the site foryou all. Thanks for checking out my blog. I will try to keep it updated. God bless.

dwilson said...

Josh,
I mentioned to you at work, but they are having the eerdman sale at CBTS. You might be able to get some of your holiday books there.

Anonymous said...

Josh Jones? It can't be. This is Mark McDowell. do you remember me from college (the one with the accent)? This blog stuff is so fascinating and it is so amazing to see how things are going for you

Josh said...

Mark

Good to hear from you. I think back to those days often. I hope that all is well with you. God is really blessing down here in Virginia Beach. Thanks for checking out the blog. Looking forward to talking more.

Josh said...

Mark

Good to hear from you. I think back to those days often. I hope that all is well with you. God is really blessing down here in Virginia Beach. Thanks for checking out the blog. Looking forward to talking more.