Friday, November 17, 2006

Kingdom Friends

I want to say thank you to a group of men at BBC that assisted me this past week. My car's battery decided that it was time to pass from this life into the next. We attempted to resuscitate it by shocking it with thousands of volts, but instead of coming back to life, it decided to catch on fire (or just start filling the car with smoke). A group of men (Tom, Dave, James, Scott, and Jeremy) helped in the cold rain, take the old battery out and replace it with a new. I am so thankful for Kingdom men that served their King by helping me out that night. I love each of you and thank God for you and your ministry to my wife and I. (Also a special thanks to the two friends who bought us the battery. Thank you so much!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Josh, I trust that all of you were wearing the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) - Safety Glasses with face shields, Neoprene Gloves, Acid resistant aprons, and of course steel toe safety shoes just in case the battery were to fall. (Of course all of this PPE would have been waiting in a safety kit neatly stored in your trunk as part of a proactive approach safety plan) I'm sure that your team huddled and did a Safety Talk with a Pre-task Safety Plan paying special attention to potential "Task Creep" that could inadvertantly cause one of you to work beyond the scope of the original safety plan. All of that said - It's now time to do a root cause analysis so this does not happen again, also an in depth safety debriefing would be in order for all team menbers so that "lessons learned" are captured for future use. If none of this occured then perhaps Our Lord's hand provided resources (friends & battery) as well as protection, which is basically my daily prayer for both my sons - Dad